Waldrip Barn, Orcas Island. The only known extant Gothic-roofed barn in the San Juan Islands was built in 1918 by Jesse Waldrip. It was designed as a dairy barn by Seattle architect W.R.B. Wilcox, based on standard plans from the Louden Company, and featured a hay hood, wooden hay rail, steel trolley, and cupola ventilator. The barn measures 44′ by 60′, with stanchions on the ground floor and a 31’6″ tall hay loft.